Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 PSD dually

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    nice. reminds me of the song, "brakes are good, tires fair"
    I thought that too after I wrote it, I was going to change it but I would then be lying.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I would bet it was about 5,000 lbs, 2 yards of some wet ass clay. How was that overloaded? I was nowhere close to hitting the bumpstops, tires are good and the brakes fair.

edit- The official payload is 5,000 lbs therefore I was officialy not overloaded
    How did you come about this official weight. Is that just what they charged you, or did they scale it out? Wet excevated clay weighs about 115 lbs/cubic foot. That looks to be about 2 - 2 1/2 cubic yards of dirt, so you are looking at 7500lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    How did you come about this official weight. Is that just what they charged you, or did they scale it out? Wet excevated clay weighs about 115 lbs/cubic foot. That looks to be about 2 - 2 1/2 cubic yards of dirt, so you are looking at 7500lbs.
    By my officialy-calibrated eye. I figured about 2500 lbs a yard and 2 yards. I have a box in the back of the truck, so I dont even think I got a whole 2 yards.

either way it sure doesn't look like 5,000 lbs of dirt now that is out of the truck.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Even with the box, I bet you still have the 2 cubic yards there. The bed will hold about 3 level full, and you have a pretty good bit above the rails in there
    'Cause if she don't,

well actualy being there in person I figure about 2 yards or less, as I have said before. I figure that un-packed sand will weigh about 2,100-2,300 lbs, since this had some clay mixed in I added a couple hundred pounds for the clay chunks that were in it. Dirt expands alot when dropped from a bucket. Either way the truck was not overloaded, it looked that way from the 2-3 inches of lift on the front and was not unsafe by any means.
    Born to Kill

haha the internet is funny

Didn't mean to sound like an asswipe in the last post.

After embarrassing myself by getting a bilistien shock stuck, up-side down, for about a half hour on my truck I measured the bed. The truck will hold almost exactly 2 yards with my box in it(level to the top).

I might have "overloaded" the truck that day though when I pulled my neighbors dodge out which was hooked up to a 24 foot gooseneck. I deffinitly had plenty of traction though.
    Born to Kill

What were the measurements on the bed (I just want them for reference, not to dispute anything you said)? I might have came across as a bit of asswipeish myself there at the end. I never did think that you were overloaded, just gettin real close to the limit of what I would want to haul. I have had a yard or more dumped in the bed of my old S10 one time, and it looked way worse than the lean your's had. Thank the lord for rear bumpstops.
    'Cause if she don't,

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    What were the measurements on the bed (I just want them for reference, not to dispute anything you said)? I might have came across as a bit of asswipeish myself there at the end. I never did think that you were overloaded, just gettin real close to the limit of what I would want to haul. I have had a yard or more dumped in the bed of my old S10 one time, and it looked way worse than the lean your's had. Thank the lord for rear bumpstops.
    Don't remember exact measurements but I think they were 74.5x64.5x20.5. It equalled out to like 1.997yards
    Born to Kill

That's including the box in the bed I take it?
    'Cause if she don't,

yes
    Born to Kill

Impressed with the new intake. Achieved a record high mpg of 14.52, thats roughly a .34% increase. Seriously thats pretty good as I was expecting 12-13 from that tank.
    Born to Kill

my dad ordered the AFE but was informed that it was not a good choice for extreme duty use. anyone know of another aftermarket filter housing that is better at filtering and not all about diesel rice?

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    my dad ordered the AFE but was informed that it was not a good choice for extreme duty use. anyone know of another aftermarket filter housing that is better at filtering and not all about diesel rice?
    Why is this in my thread? and what the f uck is extreme duty use? get the proguard.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Why is this in my thread? and what the f uck is extreme duty use? get the proguard.
    extreme duty is what happens in your front yard

14.5? id park it and drive one of the fords at $3.50 a gallon.