Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ford 9inch

Registered
    i know the feeling, i dought it will move before new years but you never know.

lowballing someone
    well its not going anywhere till after new year cause i leave tomorrow and it is in my garage locked up.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    that pic doesn't show anything except the difference in a disk brake housing or not, meaning the backing plates use 3/8's or 7/16" ,smaller meaning disk. the outer bearings are all the same size ,set 20 timken, but there are different variations of the bearing design(meaning some are sealed, some are not, some are tapered, some are regular roller) big bearing or small bearing means the carrier bearing, 3.125 is factory(up to 31 or 33 spline) 3.25 is what most aftermarket cases are so you can fit a 35 spline shaft

btw the race is stuck in the housing on the right that is why it looks smaller
    Wrong There are several different housing ends big,small,medium, and torino. You have to have the big bearing housing to use the 35spl and you can only get them with the tapered rollers instead of the stock sealed bearings.

right left nephew niece crown beer hikeschool geetar fams and stuffs
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

i agree

Quote Originally Posted by 73bronco View Post
    Wrong There are several different housing ends big,small,medium, and torino. You have to have the big bearing housing to use the 35spl and you can only get them with the tapered rollers instead of the stock sealed bearings.

the difference is the bolts, and bolt spacing, unless its a early bronc or a early passenger car housing, then there junk any way unless your trying to build a front leafspring housing.

I have a early passenger car 9" under my truck and it is a little different than the aftermarket ones I have put together. almost all of the repro stuff 4 9"s I have used is based of truck housing parts.

also the 2 different versions i can get to right now in my shop take the same outside diameter bearing but have way different bolt patterns
    Last edited by tigweld; 12-26-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Hey, I pm'd you big dummy. I can't believe anyone would go three days without signing on to TAMOR. We will teach you...you will learn.
    BDR

lowballing someone
    its been sold
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come