Thread: first ride

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    you can still hit the rev limiter, just ask ceighton
    Yes but his might be a "soft" rev limiter unlike mine or it is throttle by wire and the computer let's off the throttle for you which would blow
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    Yes but his might be a "soft" rev limiter unlike mine or it is throttle by wire and the computer let's off the throttle for you which would blow
    Yes, this is what i've got going on... Sharpe, if you know how, show me how *** cuz it's gay

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    Yes, this is what i've got going on... Sharpe, if you know how, show me how *** cuz it's gay
    why do you want it to bang off the limiter instead of sit just under it and keep pulling?

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    why do you want it to bang off the limiter instead of sit just under it and keep pulling?
    That's not what I'm sayin, I can control my RPMs just fine but the computer ****s it up and literally drags me down to 3500 or so.

Guy on the JK forum says he fixed that problem by pulling the fuse for the ESP, which I already have disabled... But I guess I will do that ***
    Last edited by MR.ZAP; 09-17-2010 at 01:04 PM.

That's not what I'm sayin, I can control my RPMs just fine but the computer ****s it up and literally drags me down to 3500 or so.

Guy on the JK forum says he fixed that problem by pulling the fuse for the ESP, which I already have disabled... But I guess I will do that ***
    for real? that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    for real? that sucks.
    Yeah man it's all computer... Pretty lame

After working on buying parts for a few of the JK's we've had to work on here at the shop lately I'd suggest you keep any engine saving electronics intact as you can. The last one had less than 20k miles, a rod through the side of the block and an auto trans that looked like someone had built a campfire inside of. We have another that was a theft recovery that caught on fire when the would-be theives drove it through a field trying to evade capture.

Quote Originally Posted by bburris View Post
    After working on buying parts for a few of the JK's we've had to work on here at the shop lately I'd suggest you keep any engine saving electronics intact as you can. The last one had less than 20k miles, a rod through the side of the block and an auto trans that looked like someone had built a campfire inside of. We have another that was a theft recovery that caught on fire when the would-be theives drove it through a field trying to evade capture.
    "It says trail rated right on the side, I thought I could drive through a field without burning to death"
    -crims
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

haha well I've kept up on maintenance and everything, so I hope my tranny isn't fried I've got about 28K on mine though, and they're all mine so I know it's been taken care of

We have another that was a theft recovery that caught on fire when the would-be theives drove it through a field trying to evade capture.
    I saw that one it looks nice until i realize it had caught fire
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?