I took it to Hot Springs last weekend and got the jeep back out on the trail. All in all considering it was it's first time out and we were following buggies with 43" sticky's I think I kept up ok....

Name:  IMG_0953.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  69.2 KB

Couple of issues I need to work out:

1) The throttle is pretty miserable. I bought a universal throttle kit from auto zone, I think it is a piece of ****. The pedal without a cable is not bad. The throttle body is not bad, but the cable makes it stiff as ****. I think I am going to order a stock 1994 truck throttle cable and adapt it. The issue is where the stock chevy 350 cable connects to where the jeep hole in the firewall is requires you to bend the cable 90 degrees twice in a very short space.
2) Rear shocks, I had not put any on, I wanted to see what clearance I had when the jeep was flexing and I ran out of time. I found a spot to put them. You guys have an opinion on shock brand?
3)Front springs, I bent both front springs. they are rancho 44044's (according to pirate the best spring ever made....) The springs from rancho have like an "add-a-leaf" with a half military wrap under the main leaf. These springs sell for under $200 for a set. I ordered another set and I am going to take them to Heitman's in Houston. I am going to take out the add-a-leaf it comes with and have Heitman's make a true military wrap second leaf. I am hoping this will prevent the main leaf from acting alone. I called Alcan and they want $550 for a set of springs plus shipping. Also I think my shackle angle was too flat, this allowed the spring in full compression to be in a bind. I am going to move the shackle point back to the next hole. I am hoping these changes will prevent the problem from happening again. Picture below of bent leaf springs.

Name:  IMG_0980.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  51.1 KB

And one Mall Crawler shot, at current setup with bent spring, I can stuff the spring all the way up in the front to where it touches the front fender. Rear end only has a few inches of up travel, but a lot of droop.

Name:  IMG_0982.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  62.2 KB