Thread: Clayon 2015

Hybrid View

I need to do a disc brake conversion on the rear of my jeep or just fix the drums because they are leaking. Also, I need to replace all of the bushings inside my rod ends on the 3-link and make sure my heater is working haha.

I am thinking about stocking up on parts that may break on the trail so does anyone have any advise on what parts i should keep in the tool box in my jeep just in case?
    -Andrew-

1999 Cherokee crawler (The OD)
    2000 F250 7.3l (The tow rig)
    2006 KTM 625 SMC (The supermoto)
    2009 KTM 250 XC (The 2 smoker)

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerRanger15 View Post
    I am thinking about stocking up on parts that may break on the trail so does anyone have any advise on what parts i should keep in the tool box in my jeep just in case?
    U-joints, t-case yoke, axle shafts, spare drive shafts, those are the common pieces that go pop. As for your brakes, I would probably just tear down your drums and replace the brake cylinder in there, odds are that is what is leaking and probably costs ~$20 at O'reilly's. Good afternoon project.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    . As for your brakes, I would probably just tear down your drums and replace the brake cylinder in there, odds are that is what is leaking and probably costs ~$20 at O'reilly's. Good afternoon project.
    This. Cheap and easy

Did you have a spare tire? TSL, despite being "Gods Tire", like to rip open in Clayton.

You have that winch, but it will suck hanging off the back at Clayton. I would rework either the carrier or the stinger to make it work up front.

Lighting is also a good thing to have for night runs.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4