Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: np241 t-case

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    that was you?!?!? blue chebby, grey hood? god damn....how long did you live down the street from us and i never remember meeting you?
    where do you live? as for hood it now matches rest of truck in color, still workin on gettin it a good paint job though.

BigRedFord04
    we live on raintree...used to see an blue chebby w/ a grey hood all the time like the 1st or 2nd street on the right. it was at a couple meetings, i assume it was you.

usmcagg02
    nope, i didnt live there. but some of my buddies lived on shiloh. might have seen me there.

usmcagg02
    well this is now not an issue. found out from my dad this weekend that he know a guy that works for superlift that can get me a deal at close to half of retail so i'm goin with that.

Or you could spend that money on a small rig and KEEP YOUR DAILY DRIVER NICE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

usmcagg02
    well, now with my dad's connection i can get my truck completly lefited for under a grand. for the same money i could buy a pos little truck and have to put another grand into it to get it to where i could take it off road.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcagg02
    for the same money i could buy a pos little truck and have to put another grand into it to get it to where i could take it off road.
    And it would be damn worth it and much more fun! Have fun with whatever you do, I'm just talking from experience and trying to help.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by usmcagg02
    well, now with my dad's connection i can get my truck completly lefited for under a grand. for the same money i could buy a pos little truck and have to put another grand into it to get it to where i could take it off road.
    don't forget gearing (probably $800 at the end of the day) and tires
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    i agree w/ eric. if you're not going to do anything cool, for jebus sake dont put an IFS lift on it. spend the $$ on a beater. I'VE BEEN THERE DOOD. dont f*ck w/ your DD or you'll regret it later. sure, you're going to get the lift at half price...but does you dad know someone that works for Randy's R&P, or BFG?? you're still going to spend $2K lifting a rig that wont be as capable as you'd like off-road.

usmcagg02
    well his company does alot of business with both summit and 4wheel parts so i can get him to get cheap stuff from both of them.

BigRedFord04
    dude, i'm not trying to bust your chops or anything really....but i cannot stress enough how much i advise against this idea. you'll be happier in the long run not having to drive your trail vehicle every day. how much are you thinking you're going to spend on this project? i've got time to kill, i'll find you a beater in that price range.

usmcagg02
    well among the things that i have to keep in consideration is that over the next 2~3 years i'm gonna be moving around alot and wont be able to be hualing around an extra vehicle. also, after i get to virginia (sometime before dec) i'll have access to on base auto shops. they are pretty much hooked up with any tool you can think of, and i can use it for free so repairs will only cost me price of parts. third, i dont really want to spend my money on another truck...i bought mine to drive it, if i **** it up i'll fix it and keep going. trade in value is not a big deal to me cause i'm gonna drive it till it dies