Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: almost ready

BigRedFord04
    the hose might be pretty expensive, i bought one when i did my body lift b.c. i wasnt sure if i was going to need it...3 feet was $30...tractor supply might be able to do you better. new radiator, fans...i know you're not retarded, but that **** adds up quick.

Rex
    I don't know if this would work or not, but you might be able to take it to a muffler shop or something and have them make you a pipe under your truck instead of having a long hose. Then you could just have a short hose from the radiator to the pipe and the pipe to the water pump. And if it ever broke, you could cut the pipe and put a small piece of hose in where it broke. Just a thought.

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by Rex
    I don't know if this would work or not, but you might be able to take it to a muffler shop or something and have them make you a pipe under your truck instead of having a long hose. Then you could just have a short hose from the radiator to the pipe and the pipe to the water pump. And if it ever broke, you could cut the pipe and put a small piece of hose in where it broke. Just a thought.
    funny... i actually thought of that.... then i second-guessed myself.... but it sounds like the best plan of action to me.

no offense, and it is your truck, but a radiator in the bed sounds very ghetto to me. A custom radiator, although not cheap, would have way better results I would think. Could you run the steering behind the axle? Just another idea to think about.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by BMFScout
    no offense, and it is your truck, but a radiator in the bed sounds very ghetto to me. A custom radiator, although not cheap, would have way better results I would think. Could you run the steering behind the axle? Just another idea to think about.
    BEHIND???? how the crap would i do that???

it sounds easier to just put the rear axle in the front and the front axle in the rear and have rear wheel steering

how would i put the box behind the axle?

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Adam,

DO NOT put the radiator in the bed! I thought you were trying tio get away from the red-reck look???

Use a different gear box that mounts on the outside of the frame and has the shaft sticking out under the frame. This would allow you to go beneath the radiator (and hoses).

Steering behind the axle is the other best bet. Get a high pinion and put the tie rod under the driveshaft or use a regular axle and go over the springs. It is all very possible if you make or buy some custom steering arms. Look at the ones on DavidO's cruiser, I might also put mine behine the axle (like it came from the factory)
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

BigRedFord04
    steering boxes in 76-79 F150s and 78-79 Broncos were outside the frame...i know this b.c. its the reason my steering is f*cked up.

I have an extra steering box from a 79 bronco I sell you.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

bigFAWKINranger
    thanks for all the advice. my friend suggested that the 95 rangers still had a steering box right where MINE will be... and that the motor and radiator are the same. therefore the lower radiator hose comes from the factory CURVED to go around the steering box.... problem solved... i assume.