Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ford catalytic converter questions

aggielr
    dude, i hate to do this, but what about your truck and the coolant leak and the oil leak? how does that extra coolant burnin affect the environment?
    good ol' mother earth was here long before we were and has survived much worse than we can dish out, so relax and get rid of that power robbing worthless catalytic converter
    and to answer the question, just go to a parts store or exhaust shop and get a straight piece of pipe that would replace the cat and stick it in its place

BigRedFord04
    Origingally posted by WhinyNutz
    blah blah blah blah f*cking blah
    Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger
    shadda-fu-cup
    nuff said

Krawler68

Re: ...

Originally posted by Chadnutz

What do I complain about? The jerks in this world? on this forum?
    Smog? What else. This long list of, oh, 2 things?
    You should start bitching about yourself if you're gonna be pissed at the jerks of this world...

and don't tell me you buy into the whole greenhouse gas hole in the ozone layer Bull... Next thing you know I'll be hearing how punctuated equilibrium evolution is the correct theory for the development of man.

You and your Mazda might just fit in down in Commiefornia... seeing how clean it burns and all... I'll bet you it wouldn't even pass emissions... no matter how many cats you put on it... :Flipoff2:

bigFAWKINranger

Re: ...

What do I complain about? The jerks in this world? on this forum?
    Smog? What else. This long list of, oh, 2 things?
    jerks... emmisions... some guy in bryan who wanted too much for his mazda... email bouncebacks... missing tools... being webmaster against your will... not getting ROTM info on time... narrowed 10 bolts... i bet there's more.........

heheheheheh

Did you search the entire forum to find all that stuff?

You have a week long delay in response. Is that how long it took?

I stand corrected.

BigRedFord04
    no, thats just what you get with dial-up

bigFAWKINranger

Re: heheheheheh

Did you search the entire forum to find all that stuff?

I stand corrected.
    the response was late maybe... but still accurate. and it took me all of 30 seconds or so to recall those FEW of MANY examples. i don't need no stinkin forum search you b!tch gringo. sorry for the tardiness but i don't make it a point to inspect every thread before i go to bed. if it catches my attention when i'm browsing i'll give it a look and respond if i so choose. 8====D in your mouth biatch!

Sorry to interrupt the fun and games, but back to the cat thing…

In their infinite wisdom, Ford did install 2 cats in a “piggyback” configuration on your truck. On the Lightning of that vintage, they installed 4! But I wouldn’t go to the trouble of removing any of the cats. First, it will fail an annual inspection without both cats. Granted a trip down to little Mexico will solve that problem, but it isn’t worth the hassle of removing the cats. Why you ask?

Modern catalytic converters rob very little power. The newest ceramic matrix ones don’t cost enough power to even be measurable. Besides, if you move to a county where an emission test is mandated (soon everyone will have these) both cats will have to be working.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...