Thread: lug nut tech?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55
    whats with the staggered look u got going on right now
    you mean my Texas Tilt?
    when in Rome...

so on the shank style is the seat at the bottom of the shank or is it at the bottom of the "hex" (for lack of a better word)?
    I had the impression that the "shank" was going all the way through the wheel, but now I'm thinking that the shank only goes from the seat to the "face" of the wheel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    you mean my Texas Tilt?
    when in Rome...

so on the shank style is the seat at the bottom of the shank or is it at the bottom of the "hex" (for lack of a better word)?
    I had the impression that the "shank" was going all the way through the wheel, but now I'm thinking that the shank only goes from the seat to the "face" of the wheel?

it makes contact at the bottom of the "hex". if it made contact at the "bottom of the shank" against the hub first, it wouldnt clamp the wheel on. the friction between the wheel and hub is what carries torque. not the lugs themselves, there should be space between the bottom of the shank and the face of the hub, if not, dont drive it.

Check the manufacturer's website or call them to find out exactly what kind of lug you need. Not all non-steel wheels use shank lugs, my alum wheels use regular tapered seat lug nuts.
    BDR