Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Who had March 14th?

Chief
    I do have a Jetta, but I would like for this to be able to drive out to a trail and then drive home since I have nothing to tow it with.

Not to mention, I really do just enjoy taking this thing out for joyrides every other day.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

you wont have fun on the trail if you are worried about making it home... someone will almost always have a spot on a trailer
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Chief
    Regardless, I want this thing to be in good enough shape to handle a drive to college station and beyond without having any problems.
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Yeah, I would skip the drop brackets. It will still be streetable without them but I think they would be a killer to ground clearance offroad.

glasspacks sound like ****, go flowmasters or something of the like IMO
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy53002 View Post
    Yeah, I would skip the drop brackets. It will still be streetable without them but I think they would be a killer to ground clearance offroad.
    Ever driven a truck without drop brackets? I did it for 3 years, it was like the steering wheel was punching me on the highway.

If you are worried about rubbing a 4" drop radius arm, you should be worried about rubbing your body/doors. And if you are worried about that, it should not be a daily driver.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I threw away some drop brackets last year. I would not recommend drop brackets for street or off-road. Go with the 7 degree bushings and be done with it until you can extend the radius arms. I had the drop brackets on my bronco and not only did they hang up on everything they are also very prone to ripping the **** off the frame.

The highway drive sucked equally with or without drop brackets.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Being a 'street/cruiser' rig, if you want to go with the glass packs, knock yourself out. A few drives from H-town to aggieland may have you rethinking this, but you are still young enough that it may not.

(Going to have to get the glasspack replaced on the beast replaced in short order once the block gets put back in. May have a flange installed so that I can swap it out for Alto trips though. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    glasspacks sound like ****, go flowmasters or something of the like IMO
    everybody has their own taste when it comes to mufflers, and personally I can't stand da flows

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I threw away some drop brackets last year. I would not recommend drop brackets for street or off-road. Go with the 7 degree bushings and be done with it until you can extend the radius arms. I had the drop brackets on my bronco and not only did they hang up on everything they are also very prone to ripping the **** off the frame.

The highway drive sucked equally with or without drop brackets.
    Thanks, Since you and frick have both told me to go with 7 degree bushings, I'm going to go ahead and order them now. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    Being a 'street/cruiser' rig, if you want to go with the glass packs, knock yourself out. A few drives from H-town to aggieland may have you rethinking this, but you are still young enough that it may not.

(Going to have to get the glasspack replaced on the beast replaced in short order once the block gets put back in. May have a flange installed so that I can swap it out for Alto trips though. )
    The glasspacks will just be a temporary setup. I need to get some kind of exhaust on it so that I can pass inspection (current setup is true dual redneck straightpipes.) Glasspacks will probably be on here for a year at most. As far as long term exhaust, I'd like to go x-pipes and put in some awesome mufflers, but that's further down the line. I'd like to get other things taken care of first.

as for mufflers just to get it legal just find used ones floating around the club, i am sure there are some, talk to my brother or cory and see what they have

lowballing someone
    i have one but it is in round top. i just sold the ones i had in montgomery.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Real rigs drive home
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Real rigs drive home
    Says the recently blown up, transmission going out jeep

Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Chief
    DONE
    - Rancho 5000's and springs ubolts etc
    - New Voltage Regulator = No more short on electrical system
    - New Radiator, drove it for about 2 hours or so at idle, and never went over 175
    - New Gauges
    - Temporary Exhaust installed
    - New fuel filter
    - Removed Aftermarket cruise control, other junk under hood
    - SEAFOAM!!

GOALS - short term
    - Finish front bumper tubing & install recovery points/lights
    - Lengthen Rear Driveshaft 2-3 inches
    - Rear bumper needs to be fabbed up & install recovery points
    - Need to install drop pitman arm, drop track bar bracket, new track bar bushings, radius arm bushings (finish lift)
    - Install front and rear pinion seals
    - Install New wheel bearings
    - Install New hubs
    - Install CB/PA
    - New Fuel Gauge
    - New Battery hold-down
    - Replace heater hoses
    - Wire brake lights & turn signals (4 new sockets and bulbs)
    - Seat covers? Maybe replacement seats, haven't decided yet
    - Alignment

GOALS - long term
    - T18, 205 rebuild
    - New Door hinges, latch pins, handles
    - On Board Air
    - Cardone power steering pump
    - New Tie Rod
    - Rear Locker (who makes good lockers for the 9 inch?)
    - 130 Amp 3g alternator
    - Roll Bar, Cage?
    - Homemade soft top
    - Stereo System
    - HID headlights
    - Equus Speedo & Tach, custom gauge panel
    - Redo Interior

I need to meet with someone at Dexter. I'd like to get a cage or at least a roll bar on this thing, and I'd also like to hire someone there to build me some custom bumpers.
    Last edited by Hot Pocket; 10-25-2010 at 11:41 PM.

True Hollywood Stry
    you shouldn't need to extend the d-shafts with a 4" lift I believe.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!