Page 123 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1980

Thread: Sloth

I'll have to bolt it up and go from there. but this is what I have pictured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

why not just use the one that came with it and add the front hoop for the trans mount?

Mine is all 3 crossmembers in one with link mounts tied in as well, seems to work great so far minus the fact that it is a royal pain to install or remove and weighs a **** ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    If you're going through that trouble instead of bolting in the crossmember that came from karl, you should make sure it has a flat bottom and make a flat bottom skid plate a part of it or that bolts to it.
    I can't make a flat belly without cutting the **** out of my floor. I'm making I'd just rather start from scratch, making that one work would probably be just as much work.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Mine hung down below the frame. That crossmember wouldnt have worked
    Yeah but the idea is the same, all in one is what i was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I had to go back and look at mine. We just did a tubular crossmember for the trans, the factory 205 mount, and a TMR customs rear yoke support off the skid. I never had any issues with that setup. But only wheeled it for 1.5 years, albeit rather harshly.

I did not use the holes in the bottom of the ORU adapter.
    Yeah the ORD kit has aluminum holes, I'll use them but they're not gonna be the source of most of the support.

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    all I can say is make sure you have some sort of secondary support off of the 205 to make sure that you take some of the torque load, once I did that I stopped snapping trans/tcase cross members, something like the mount going to the rear bearing cover in your picture above
    I'll be using the factory foot mount, not sure if i'm gonna use the bearing plate cover also.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Like I said, you can mind f' the cross member to death. At the end of the day the picture below shows what Off Road Design has on their website and apparently it works. I am still amazed that ORD, who probably has sold more doublers than anyone, could only find this picture to post on their site....
    Attachment 19515
    Modifying the factory crossmember would be more work than making myown.

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    why not just use the one that came with it and add the front hoop for the trans mount?
    Cause I want a shiny new one made for bronca, Making that one fit would be just as much work.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    Mine is all 3 crossmembers in one with link mounts tied in as well, seems to work great so far minus the fact that it is a royal pain to install or remove and weighs a **** ton.
    Yeah it'll be heavy, but easier to balance on a transmission jack.
    F*ck off cj.

It all depends on how it looks when i mate the doubler tonight. Being that i have the short c6 housing (7 inches shorter than the stock one) I might not even have to change the tranny crossmember.
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    I can't make a flat belly without cutting the **** out of my floor. jack.
    You cut a foot out of the entire body and you're worried about a small floor change??
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I'll be using the factory foot mount, not sure if i'm gonna use the bearing plate cover also.

Yeah it'll be heavy, but easier to balance on a transmission jack.
    Using the factory foot mount is a wonderful idea,

I would cut the floor, I didnt have to cut too much out of my floor to do a flatbelly with a 205/231 doubler in the TJ. Although I do have a 1inch body lift.

Guess I should buy a transmission jack the is tall enough.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

making that one work would probably be just as much work.
    I'd guess not. It came out of the klogger which should have the same width frame as your bronco so it should be as easy to bolt up the doubler to your transmission, bolt on the crossmember and then weld some tabs to the frame where they should go. Then take it all out and weld the tabs in solid and box them a bit.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

That giant hole was already there.....
    F*ck off cj.

Coming from experience here I would highly recommend a secondary mount to absorb the torque. Not everyone is as nice as the schubring's and willing to spend a few hours in the dark towing you off the trail cause your trans/tcase crossmember snapped and you lost all power including lights, if you do not install one you are asking for problems, especially since you have a decent V8 and you aren't afraid to use the skinny pedal

Drill tap the huge boss furd 205s have and make a foot mount to the frame. I broke three TH400 housings in Pigpen before I added the foot mount. After that, no more problems.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Are you going to have to get a new drive shaft?
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

It's too clocked to use the factory mount. Didn't realize it before I put it in.

Problems.
    -Need to Re-route fuel and brake lines so I can weld to the frame.
    -Mounting holes in AL are starting to get wallowed out. Maybe I'll do a helicoil, or just use studs and nuts instead

Karl, where did you get the bearing plate mounting bracket? All I can find is fancy ones that come with bushings.
    F*ck off cj.

He made it plate, transfer punches and a drill press are alll you need

ill be your pickup man
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4