Thread: Falls 2016 Trips?

Hybrid View

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLNethery View Post
    Dues are $25/semester or $40/yr. Our next run is to Hidden Falls on the 19th of Nov, feel free to join us.
    FYI, when you guys go to Hidden Falls if you plan to arrive past 9:00 pm on Friday you need to call ahead and pre-pay. If you show up past 9:00 pm on a Friday they will not let you in. We were just there this weekend and would not let anyone in past 9:00 pm, they told people who had not pre-paid they could go get a hotel room in Marble Falls. To their credit, it is on the website:

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark....arrival-policy

It's their land, so their rules, but I think it is pretty unrealistic to have an off road park 4 hours from Houston or Dallas and not expect people to show up past 9:00 on a Friday. When you do show up they will talk to you like you are a 2 year old and lecture you about following their rules. It's a clean and nice park, but it will be a long time before I give them another dime.
    Last edited by KrazyKarl02; 10-24-2016 at 04:08 PM.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    FYI, when you guys go to Hidden Falls if you plan to arrive past 9:00 pm on Friday you need to call ahead and pre-pay. If you show up past 9:00 pm on a Friday they will not let you in. We were just there this weekend and would not let anyone in past 9:00 pm, they told people who had not pre-paid they could go get a hotel room in Marble Falls. To their credit, it is on the website:

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark....arrival-policy

It's their land, so their rules, but I think it is pretty unrealistic to have an off road park 4 hours from Houston or Dallas and not expect people to show up past 9:00 on a Friday. When you do show up they will talk to you like you are a 2 year old and lecture you about following their rules. It's a clean and nice park, but it will be a long time before I give them another dime.

Thanks for the heads up, we will make sure to get there before they close shop (or make reservations ahead of time if we can make it by 9). We have gone the past few semesters and had a good experience, it's unfortunate that your trip didn't go so well.
    Collin Nethery
    '99 TJ
    c/o '17 ANSC major
    2016-2017 President