Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: kickass scout motor

Hmmm this is why I wanted to rebuild the d60 myself but o well. So you're saying there are no seals on the outside end of the tubes?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

never had a 60 apart but im sure its just like my 44. the only seal between atmosphere and gear oil is just outboard of the carrier bearings.

anybody got a disc brake outer axle for a scout they wanna bring me today?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    anybody got a disc brake outer axle for a scout they wanna bring me today?
    you need a stub shaft?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

yup, you got one?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    should have a couple spares at the house.....I'll look tonight.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

the "cox" locker is a nice touch, how long does it take to unlock like the "ox" locker? My guess is a grinder and 45-60 minutes. Get that thing to clayton, you'll win the drag competition fo shure! I also want to see a ****load of yellow paint all over the rocks and trees! Nice work on the axle twist, you should be able to drive it no hands at 70 mph now... It needs bigger tires...
    Last edited by BMFScout; 12-07-2004 at 09:20 PM. Reason: the gayness of jerry goss encompasses us all and knows no bounds!!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

BigRedFord04
    i had Tues. and Wed. off work so i went out to E. Tx to help John out for a couple of days. some progress was made, but there were even more realizations that he's still lacking parts. scout stub shaft anyone? other than that he's ready to put it all back together and put wheels on it to have the front axle done. how do you other scout guys go about tightening the spindle nuts? we couldnt find a spindle nut socket anywhere. got the shock towers and lower shock mounts put on the front w/ some 5012s. ~7.25" down travel and 6.25" up travel, which was perfect for the bumpstops. also realized the scout "extended brake lines" werent even long enough to reach from the frame mount to the caliper. talked about putting the T on top of the axle like i have, but it would've meant re-routing a lot of the hardlines....so we went to Ho'Reillys, dug thru the boxes, and found some that would work as an extension for the extended brake lines. i think from the mount out theres now like 34" of brake line. he also got in new headers, and we test fitted them probably 10 times to figure out why they wouldnt fit...we did all we could but came to the conclusion that they just wouldnt work w/o either notching the frame or somehow bending the crap outta some blingin' ass headers. he said he's sending `em back today and ordering another set. still needs to make rear shock mounts on top...which should be easy...get headers, and exhaust put on, and wire everything up. lotsa work, little time, and little $$. a TRUE tamor project.

pics:
    http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/lonestar/album283

oh yeah....i played w/ the dog a lot and we killed a 30 pack. i think the dog had 3 last nite pretty impressive vertical for a 45(?)lb dog.
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 12-09-2004 at 04:46 PM.

I've got the socket for tightening that at the house, I think I have a couple of them actually. If you would like to borrow it you can snag it this weekend. HOLY ****! That is a world champion frisbee dog if I'ver ever seen one...
    Last edited by BMFScout; 12-09-2004 at 07:03 PM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

sounds good, i think i found a stubby here in town, but i gotta convince him to part out the axle. ill just get a socket from you this weekend. thanks.

BigRedFord04
    frisbee dog maybe, but drinkin' dog....well, still maybe....he drank up the Keystone Light like a champ last nite, but was movin' kinda slow this mornin'. John said he tried to give him some more this afternoon and he wouldnt touch the stuff. pretty sure the wuss was hungover.

yeah, he didnt chase you half as far as he chases every other vehicle leaving the driveway. i guess "hair of the dog that bit you" doesnt apply if you are a dog.

the shocka!!!

got the rear shocks mounted and got some work done on the twin stick. heres the shocks but the twin stick isnt picture worthy yet. the top shock mount, formerly known as 3" channel iron, bolts to the factory location. the lower shock mounts at all four corners are the resurrection of my old rear spring perches cut in half.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

looks clean!
    how thin is it? Since you told us thin stuff makes you hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

18 gauge...

fap,fap,fap,fap,fap