Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Krew Kab Klogger

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I put a quick connect thing hooked directly to the battery on the klogger and wired up the winch controller for dash control. For now it is all removable, if/when I permanently mount a winch I can use the controller wires and terminate them in the solenoid box.

I had some issues with where to put the controls in the cab. I had to remove a piece of the dash and make a little pan out of sheet metal. There is a switch that "arms" the controls. This switch is 90 degrees of the other switch so it can not be easily bumped. The other switch, is winch in and out. The switch is hooked to red and green lights. The green light indicates the winch is pulling in (truck is going forward) and the red is the opposite.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I did similar on the jeep except I used a push/pull switch for the on/off. You'd have to accidentally pull it to power the in/out switch.

Well, I think I found the noise in the rear end.....
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

When tightening the ring gear one should do which of the following:

A) Torque studs to over 100 ftlbs
    B) Clean old oil off
    C) Use lock tight
    D) All of the above
    E) Drink a beer

Apparently someone thought it was option E.... It actually ate the head off of one of the bolts. Surprisingly the ring gear looks ok. Sterlings are tuff...

After the creek I am changing all fluids, what do you think of the front diff fluid?
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Also I had some charging issues at the creek. Upon returning home I checked the "warn" quick connects and found it to be burned. I had another so I replaced it. I still needed to re-spool my winch cable so I did that and the new one messed up to. Look at the picture! Anyone have issues like this? My original connector on the winch had no issues. Did warn start making these crappy?
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

ill be your pickup man
    I have the NAPA brand ones. I figure they are all the same though. The NAPA here has them in stock.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Are they different sizes, or you just holding that one closer to the camera? Is the side that burnt the positive side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

did you get that sterling from frick? if so thats the one i sold him. and i dont think anyone had messed with the gears when i got it and i dont think frick did either. those ring gear bolts just have a tendency to back out. d70 ring gear bolts are the fix for that

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    Are they different sizes, or you just holding that one closer to the camera? Is the side that burnt the positive side?
    They are the same size, it is an optical illusion. Both of them are burnt on the positive side, the one still attached to the truck burned while just spooling my winch in with no load!
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by william_ace View Post
    did you get that sterling from frick? if so thats the one i sold him. and i dont think anyone had messed with the gears when i got it and i dont think frick did either. those ring gear bolts just have a tendency to back out. d70 ring gear bolts are the fix for that
    I bought it from Frick, it had 3.55 gears in it, not sure where he got it from, but it is possible that it is your axle.

Luis said this happens a lot when people do burn outs with them! Which one of you little bastards was abusing my $40 axle!
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post

Luis said this happens a lot when people do burn outs with them! Which one of you little bastards was abusing my $40 axle!

if this is out of the beach truck.... yes many many burnouts

True Hollywood Stry
    no it is was the one from will. i had some burnouts done but not near what the beach truck axle went thru. i gave karl some 4.10's for it months ago to remedy the problem.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Also I had some charging issues at the creek. Upon returning home I checked the "warn" quick connects and found it to be burned. I had another so I replaced it. I still needed to re-spool my winch cable so I did that and the new one messed up to. Look at the picture! Anyone have issues like this? My original connector on the winch had no issues. Did warn start making these crappy?
    Jones and I discovered the issue with these last weekend. Turns out the jack ass who put them together did not push the connector all the way in to make good contact.

If anyone needs me I will be going through old threads deleting anywhere that I admitted to crimping and putting these together....
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

This weekend I did some work on yee old Klogger. It has had an overheating issue off and on. At Trees I attributed it to the timing, but just to be safe I went ahead and changed the thermostat and water pump. I mean hell the water pump is like $30 new... I also changed the timing chain, it was a bit loose, but not horrible.

I upgraded the alternator to a Ford G3. You can read about it hear:

http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthre...843#post235843

As it turns out driving through 3 to 4 feet of muddy water at spring creek is not as cool as you would think. I mean after you change your alternator, solenoid, and starter, it does not seem cool!
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

And the overheating problem was actually caused by....

A fan clutch.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette