its just the diesel tuner mentality that gets me
    join my revolution!
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    join my revolution!
    Don't you have a tuner on your truck?

I also agree that if you put on a tuner (and without gauges) you should expect to fix your own **** ups. Now I'm not saying to give up, its just the "I got screwed" mentality that gets me.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

a warranty is a contract for both parties, you failed to hold up your side of the deal by modifiying the truck "underhandedly", but now youre mad cause dodge wants to crawfish? Makes sense.

Im sure dodge and the others are sick of replacing engines for ricers and are trying their hardest to get out any and every warranty claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I know that Cheverolet will not honor the engine warranty if they find the turbo pitted. Thats a dead give away for a tuner.

I can see chipping a gas truck to get a little more power or better shifts. However, at least for most of us, you'll never need a little more power in a diesel for towing.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

But it is nice with that extra bit of power. Trans doesnt down shift as much, passing a breeze and makes pulling up a hill easier. I pull with the Edge at level 2 (+50hp) and it makes life alot easier with a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
    I can see chipping a gas truck to get a little more power or better shifts. However, at least for most of us, you'll never need a little more power in a diesel for towing.
    That doesn't make any sence to me.

My biggest thing was milage, which has improved on my own truck.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    That doesn't make any sence to me.

My biggest thing was milage, which has improved on my own truck.
    For instance, I have a 1996 F150 with a 4.9l and a 5 speed. It barely tows a jeep on a trailer acceptably and I'm using that loosely. It could probably stand to have some help. However, when my brother uses his dually to tow his 30ft 5th wheel, etc... His truck doesn't need any help.

I'll admit some cases with diesels could benefit powerwise, but probably not most of us.

I'd almost like to call bs with the mileage. How many times do you hammer the crap out of it and loose the mileage you gain in other situations.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I could use a tuner for more power on the crewcab. While towing Pigpen, the go-fitty-fo spends at least 80% of the time above 3500 rpm
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

For instance, I have a 1996 F150 with a 4.9l and a 5 speed. It barely tows a jeep on a trailer acceptably and I'm using that loosely. It could probably stand to have some help. However, when my brother uses his dually to tow his 30ft 5th wheel, etc... His truck doesn't need any help.

I'll admit some cases with diesels could benefit powerwise, but probably not most of us.

I'd almost like to call bs with the mileage. How many times do you hammer the crap out of it and loose the mileage you gain in other situations.
    So your just saying that a gas motor NEEDS the power and someone with a diesel WANTS the power.? To me more power is the same however you look at it, its not needed but can make driving more enjoyable/better.

I have yet to get below 15 since with my new tunes, no long hauls just boats and such. Before the best i was getting was 15 and averaged 13 with any city of towing.
    Born to Kill

Thats pretty much what I'm saying. If I had a brand new car of any kind I wouldn't do chit to void the warranty.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    so it's fine to put a chip on a truck, or to upgrade FI injectors on a gasoline, but just because it doesn't take much more than a little electronic tweak to get loads of more power out of a diesel you get all jealous???

we can kiss and make up later. :blackwink:
    I didn't even see the black text until I quoted you. If this same situation happened on a gas motor, I would have the exact same opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I like chips on anything, it's amazing what a diff they can make. I will say that I am more drawn to banks than bully dog, if that is any indicator. Superchips and Edge seem to have some good stuff.

I like to read the diesel mags where some guy melts his motor, then builds the hell out of it "since he was in there"
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Thats pretty much what I'm saying. If I had a brand new car of any kind I wouldn't do chit to void the warranty.
    But this was his work truck we are talkin about, why would you mod out your work truck with out true benefits in mind. Bombing work vehicles is just dumb, that would be like putting stacks on your polaris ranger you drive around.

Yall are all jumping to conclusions here anyways. How many of you have ever even riden with Aaron? Yall are all assuming he drives it like he stole it. Maybe he drives it like a granny and something else actually caused this? Hmm, lets see here....

But if you want to, here is some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I like to read the diesel mags where some guy melts his motor, then builds the hell out of it "since he was in there"
    The technology has to come from somewhere, and if there wasn't guys wanting some easy extra 'plug and play' horses under the hood then this wouldn't even be a discussion. There are some folks that get lumped into the whole diesel/ricer thing when all they wanted was to try to increase their mileage. Saying this, I do want to state that I have had two motor related issues (more than likely) caused by a Banks Six Gun and a very heavy foot (which I like to blame my brother for ). All I have to say is thank goodness for waranties and cool ass service writers and mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

i have ridden with him many times and he doesnt goose it, to much, but then again most of the times i was riding with him he had a trailer behind him